Specific goals of the study:
- Draw lessons from the business incubators in supporting innovation and entrepreneurship in developing countries
- Produce a report that describes this Program, the global network of business incubators it supports, its impact and opportunities for expanding both the network and infoDev’s support under this Program
- Prepare 10 detailed case studies of institutions providing entrepreneurship and business developments support
- Implement and analyze a survey to incubators supported by this Program
- Build capacity within incubators and similar institutions that provide services to entrepreneurs and small businesses
- Assess the impact of this Program, draw lessons learned on key challenges such as the enabling environment, policies and regulations, and on sustainable and effective support for the development of a vibrant network of innovators and business incubators globally
- What outcomes and impact has the Program achieved?
- What challenges are ICT-enabled entrepreneurs facing in their business environments, how are they responding to these challenges and what, if any outcomes or impacts have resulted?
- What resources have founders and other stakeholders provided and what outcomes have occurred as a result?
- What resources are necessary for grantees to undertake their activities? What is the nature of these activities and what outcomes and impact has been achieved either by grantees or their clients?
- To what extent are grantees ICT-enabled and what resource does this provide for clients?
- Overall, what lessons can be learned on how to foster innovation and entrepreneurship in developing economies?